Search Editors has two basic purposes, which overlap to some degree: content strategy, which includes all the planning and focus surrounding web content; and copywriting, which deals with the generation of copy in accordance with the content strategy.
Essentially, that means that the content strategist considers the typical reader’s demographic information, determines what needs to be communicated to the reader, at what point and in what manner. The copywriter then prepares the content per the guidelines set by the content strategist.
Search Editors is dedicated to providing a valuable resource for aspiring copywriters to learn the best practices and style for online copywriting, while teaching the essential elements of effective content strategy. It is our hope to enable many talented individuals to hone their skills, so that tomorrow’s Internet will be even better than today’s.
We welcome guest bloggers that would like to submit their work for publication on our blog. In keeping with our mission, we are necessarily strict about the elements that we feel are crucial for effective and professional copywriting. We are attempting to set an example of best practices, so we have set certain copywriting guidelines.
Some Final Important Notes
For quality assurance purposes, please ask yourself the following questions and answer objectively:
- Would you trust the information presented in this article?
- Is the article written by an expert or enthusiast who obviously knows the topic well, or is it shallow in nature?
- Does the article have grammar, spelling, punctuation, stylistic or factual errors?
- Does the article provide original content or information, original reporting, original research or original analysis, or is it simply regurgitating the work of others?
- Does the article describe both sides of a story in an objective fashion?
- Was the article well edited or does it appear sloppy and hastily produced?
- Does the article provide a complete or comprehensive description of the topic?
- Does this article contain insightful analysis or interesting information that is beyond the obvious?
- Is this the sort of article you’d want to bookmark, share with a friend or recommend?
- Would you expect to see the article in a printed magazine, encyclopedia or book?
- Is the article unsubstantial or otherwise lacking in helpful specifics?
- Would users be likely to complain for any of the above issues when they find the article on a site, blog or article directory?
Repeated rejections or editing may result in dropping you from our contributors list. If you would like to submit a sample of your writing for consideration, please send it to submissions [at] searcheditors.com along with your name, as registered on Search Editors.
If your submissions are accepted, we will proof and edit them as needed. Minor typographical or punctuation errors may be implemented by our editors, but any piece requiring major rework will be returned for rewrite/edit by the author.